The National League are currently looking to hire a ‘Designated Safeguarding Officer’ and you can find the Job Advert below
Job Role: Designated Safeguarding Officer, Vanarama National League
Location: Home based and attending the office, and on the road, as required
Working hours: Full-time
Contract type: Permanent
The National League System (NLS), which is under the jurisdiction of The FA, comprises the seven levels of the English football league system. The National League is at Step 1 and 2 of the NLS immediately below the level of the Premier League and English Football League.
About the Role
As the Designated Safeguarding Officer, you will support the Vanarama National League and its Clubs to work in line with FA safeguarding policies, procedures, regulations, standards and
guidance. You will guide Clubs to develop ever-safer culture and practice, through their preventative safeguarding measures and in managing to low-level concerns. This will involve working closely with the County FAs and The FA Safeguarding staff, including in managing safeguarding concerns.
What We Are Looking For
Safeguarding qualification and/or relevant proven experience in a child protection, safeguarding, or welfare role.
Completion of recognised national Designated Safeguarding Officer training at Level 3.
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of developing, managing, and implementing policies, procedures and standards in safeguarding and the welfare of young people and adults at risk.
• Ability to influence, advise and support staff on low-level and safeguarding concerns, and escalate these appropriately, in line with statutory requirements and FA safeguarding policy and regulations.
• A sound knowledge of learning principles and how to apply these to develop effective
e-learning, digital and in-person learning, and use a blended learning approach.
• A proven track record of a child and adult centred approach to safeguarding.
• Ability to exercise the highest standards of confidentiality and work sensitively with those affected by issues of safeguarding.
• Ability to analyse complex situations, make decisions and advise appropriately.
• Ability to identify and address low-level concerns and ensure that necessary change is implemented.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Practical experience of planning and delivering workshops, training events, network events and supporting knowledge sharing with a range of stakeholders.
• Proven planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• Examples of self-motivation and the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Keep up to date with legislation, policy and recognised good practice and disseminate these as appropriate.
• Ability to work in an inclusive way, influencing and driving cultural and organisational change.
• A working knowledge of data protection legislation, principles, and practice.
• Ability to create, deliver and facilitate engaging and transformational presentations to a wide range of key stakeholders
• Time and project management skills
• Reporting Writing skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to facilitate problem solving
• Experience of establishing effective working relationships, partnerships, and collaborations with a range of stakeholders.
• Experience of working with young people and adults at risk.
• An understanding of day-to-day operational issues facing sports clubs.
This role requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Criminal Records Check (DBS). Applicants will be asked about any previous convictions, cautions, reprimands that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amended 2013).
A clean driving license is also required.
Applications should be in the form of a CV and accompanying letter, which should detail relevant experiences and how you feel you meet the person specification.
These should be sent to Michaela Garrard via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7 June at 17.00